Thursday, January 14, 2010

Finally 40! ...(degrees that is!)

BBburrr it's been a cold couple of weeks! I never thought I would refer to 40-50 degrees as "nice" weather but it's sure better than zero!

We had a fun New Years Eve with friends. We went out to eat and then spent the evening at Trent and Naomi's.

Grant & I New Year's Eve at Trent & Naomi's

Well Happy (early) Birthday to Grant! Tomorrow, January 15th, Grant will be 25! Happy birthday dear Hubby...happy birthday to you!
We've had alot of birthdays this month, we've also had Aunt Lula's, Dad's, Mom Skelton's & Trynity's is coming up on the 18th. Happy Birthday to all!
We spent last Sunday at the Farm and celebrated Grant, Mom Skelton & Trynity's birthdays.

Tryston making funny poses

Trynity blowing out her birthday candles! The big 3!

Grant's cake was really funny too. It had "25" written on it and they ran out of candles so Anjean & Brenda had the great idea to use matches instead. It was hilarious!
Jim & Grant working in the shop (it was sooo cold!)

Grant working hard
Crib progress:
Ta-da! Here is the front and sides with the first coat of stain!
The detail is incredible.

This much is completed. It just needs a couple more coats of stain!
They've started on the headboard and Grant hopes to have it completely done in the next month. So exciting!
We also ordered the bedding! Grant and I met Renee at fabric gallery and they had all the fabrics we picked out so she has everything she needs to start Grahm's bedding and curtains! We were able then to use the fabric swatches to go get paint and I even found the perfect rug (it was a steal! Naomi wouldn't let me leave without it haha). We have the walls taped up and ready to paint, the plan is to get started this Saturday! We'll post pictures of that as well! Nate & Alicia let us borrow their bassinet and it's just perfect. Things are really starting to come together!
As I mentioned before we got a new camera so we've had fun playing with all the functions. Here are some fun pictures we've taken.
Cardinals at the farm

This is the same picture but you can see the bird in flight!

Mr. Jackson after his trip to the groomer
This past Monday we had our 24 week appointment. This was the glucose screening, so I got to drink the delicious (...kiding) orange drink, wait an hour, and have blood work done. This is a standard test at this point in the pregnancy. I'm thinking the results will be fine, but if not I'll have to go in for a 3 hour gestational diabetes test (woo hoo). Grahm is very active. A couple weeks ago I mentioned that Grant felt him for the first time, well now that's a daily event! Grahm kicks a lot throughout the day and occasionally at night, he's especially responsive to juice and fruit. If I can feel him in a certain place and we put our hands there, he'll push against them sometimes! He did the same thing to the Dr. when she was pushing the doplar on my belly to hear the heartbeat haha. We saw Dr. Hinton this time. She said everything looks great: Grahm's heartbeat was 150 & my weight gain is right on track. When she saw my scar she thought I might have had a kidney transplant, she was shocked to hear that it was from an emergency appendectomy. My scar is often tender now as my belly is growing, but it's not too bad and of course there isn't anything that can be done. I'm happy to report there has been zero sickness still! My only minor compaints are typical; back pain, hard to sleep, uncomfortable, etc...but I've really had an amazing and easy pregnancy so far! Grant takes good care of me though, I've got it good! We have good reason to hope that he'll be getting off the night rotation next month too!!! That was wonderful news for both of us! We should know more details soon.
Well here is the latest picture (I was making a weird face so that's why I'm headless ha). This is from today, we're almost 25 weeks now!
We had a late Christmas get together this past week and Grahm got an outfit from my dad and Tiffany. It says "Team Grandpa". He's very excited about having a grandson!
Pretty much everything is decided and in progress except one little thing....a middle name!! We have it narrowed down to a few. See the poll below and tell us which one you like best!
Well Jackson got himself stuck under the bed again, so I'm going to dig him out and then it's time for bed!
Goodnight & God Bless!
Love
G&B(+1)
Go Cowboys!

1 comment: