Sunday, April 11, 2010

37 weeks!

No fun sun!...
About a week and half ago Grant and I took a couple days off together and went fishing out at the lake. I ended up with a severe sunburn after just a couple hours (yes, yes...I now know that my body doesn't react to the sun while pregnant like it used to - ouch!). It was 3 nights before I had a decent nights sleep after trying aloes, lotions, & even vinegar. My skin was so tight on my legs I couldn't even walk normal b/c there was no elasticity - Grant had to help me in and out of bed! I got dehydrated so my legs, ankles & feet swelled up huge! Can you say 'Kankles'?! My feet finally fit in my shoes again & lesson learned, so please...wear your sunscreen! P.S. if you do get a sunburn and certain lotions irritate your skin, Eucerin brand lotions were a life saver!

36 Week Update...
Last Wed. the 7th we had our 36 week appt with Dr. Bailey. He didn't get nearly as upset about my sunburn/swelling as I thought he would. He just made a few jokes about a great new invention called "sunscreen" (yea, ha..ha). My BP was 110/60, weight gain still on track, and my belly measured at 36 which he said is right where it should be for 36 weeks. Grant guessed my weight exactly- stinker! I guessed less but forgot to account for the water retension from all the swelling. Bailey said Grahm's head appears to be progressing in the right direction and his position is good. He also said I don't seem to be dialated at this point which is normal and we would check again next Wed. We meet Dr. Partridge for our 37 wk appt on the 14th (then we will have finally met them all! lol). I hear she's great. So stay tuned for next week's update.

37 week pictures!

He's getting heavy!

Almost time for Grahm to be here!
The dresser/changing table is almost done now! Ibelieve all that's left now is the drawer fronts and then the stain!
Grant working on trim pieces
Sara helping sand
It was such a gorgeous day when we went out to the farm last weekend. Perfect amount of wind for flying kites!
MeeMaw flying kites with James & Tryston
James, Tryston & Nathan flying their kites
My Grandma Dora was a florist so I've always loved flowers and taking pictures of them.
Here are some new blossoms on the farm!

Easter Sunday!
We spent Easter Sunday at Grandad's house. Grant had to work so he couldn't make it. But we had a great time with family.
Aunt Mellisa, Mom, Sara, Shane, Britt, Deanna, & Vanessa
The kiddos - Emily, Alex & Isaiah
Me and Grandad showing off our bellies!!
Cell Group Baby Shower!
We had an awesome get together Saturday with cell group girls, some moms & other leaders! Thanks everyone for all the sweet gifts & fun. We played a game where we passed around numbered baby food jars and everyone tried to guess what was in them by smelling. THEN, whoever guessed the most correct got to pick their jar for the next game. Luckily I got quite a few right and picked apple sauce because the next game was a baby food eating contest! We paired up and had to feed our partner half the jar & then switch. I felt so bad for those who had peas, sweet potatoes, squash, etc! Mom and I won, but we had an unfair advantage with the apple sauce lol.
The adorable guitar & minky blanket from Bellas!
I love these!!! Grahm's new Razorback booties!
Baby Lillian (Tonya's little girl) decked out in her Hogs gear, even her Piggy hat!
Do you think it fits him? lol
My cell girls & co-leaders! (and Bryley)
Amelia, Allie, Jordyn, Savannah, Bethany, Naomi, Arden, Me, Tonya
Mary, Amanda & Bryley!
I can't wait until we actually get to Welcome Baby Grahm!!
Only a few more weeks at most!
Thanks everyone for all the sweet prayers, gifts & advice. We're so excited for him to be here to meet all of our friends and family!
More updates soon!
Love,
G&B

1 comment:

  1. It's almost time! I know you are so excited. You look great!

    ReplyDelete