Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Lub-dub...lub-dub...

We just got back from our second appointment. We got a little nervous when the Dr. said the heartbeat can only be heard 1 out of 3 times. But we immediately heard the heartbeat!! He just looked at us for a few seconds waiting for a reaction...we didn't know what we were hearing haha. Once he confirmed it was the baby's heartbeat he got the reaction he was looking for. So exciting! OH! And he said the heartbeat was about 160 beats/minute. The old wives tale says anything over 140 beats/min is a girl - we'll see! For those who know about my surgery when I was little, the Dr. said the scar on my stomach shouldn't cause any complications. Everything went well and we will go back on Nov. 9th. We'll be 12 weeks this Sunday. Wheew - exciting!
Grant and Jim started on the crib this week. They are using red oak with red mahagony stain, it's going to be so beautiful!

Ok well we're off to our cell groups! More updates soon.

Psalm 139:13-18
"You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can’t even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, you are still with me!"

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for you guys and can't wait to follow your blog as your journey progresses!

    ReplyDelete