Saturday, December 12, 2009

And we will call him....

Wheew it's been a fun weekend so far. Grant and I went to my department Christmas party last night. Whole Hog catered and it was delicious! The best part was playing Guitar Hero after dinner and the white elephant gift exchange.

Grant and I have been going back and forth on deciding how to spell baby Skelton's name. We were debating between Graham and Grahm. Neither of us could decide which we liked better so we tried to focus on picking out a middle name. Today I came home after shopping and Grant was just waking up. I went in our room and sat by him and said "I think I like g-r-a-h-m" and he said "me too!". Apparently he decided he liked that spelling best while texting his friend Tony just minutes before. So it's official, we will call him....


Today was the first day I've had time to finally go shopping for baby stuff since the ultrasound! I got up this morning and hit the mall to look for Christmas gifts and buy a couple outfits for Grahm that are special to us.


This one is white, orange, and brown from Gymboree, couldn't resist!
His first 'mommy' outfit.



This outfit was a must have because "Handsome" has been a name I've always called Grant. We both loved it when we saw it at Gymboree. I had to go back and get it for our new little "Handsome".


Found this at Baby GAP, pretty self explanatory because Grahm's daddy rocks of course!
His first 'daddy' outfit.
We finally finished decorating the tree and mantel for Christmas! Things have been so busy lately but the house now feels warm and cozy for the holidays. Just a few more finishing touches to do.

Our mantel with stockings for Bella, Grant, Brittney, & Jackson.
Next year we'll have one more up there!
We also hang the yearly ornaments Mom Skelton gets us each
Christmas that represent something big that happened that year.
My sister Sara is hanging out with me tonight while Grant is working. Tomorrow we have church, Chuck-e-cheese with new friends, and then papers, papers, papers. I have to finish my final papers and presentations that are due next week. I can't believe I'll officially be done with grad. school in one week from today! Hooray! Thanks everyone for your support. I'm looking forward to having the extra time to spend with Grant and to work on preparing our home for Grahm.
Please pray for peace and comfort for the Crumby family. Their 4 year old daughter, Hannah, passed away this past Monday from Leukemia after suffering strokes and complications. Her family's faith has been an incredible witness and we praise God that she is free of pain and with Him now.
Praise God for providing for our One in a Million Family thru all of you who generously gave! The response was amazing and we'll be delivering all the items tomorrow and then enjoying time with the kids at Chuck-E-Cheese! Thank you!
2 Corinthians 5:14-15
"For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again."
Love,
G&B

No comments:

Post a Comment